OUR DOG POLICY : for your kind attention.
We are experienced dog owners ourselves and regularly take our dogs on holiday with us, so dogs are very welcome in Flint and White Cottages, and we know how enjoyable it is for your dog to share your holiday.
We try not to make onerous rules, but so that we can maintain a happy environment for both dogs and future guests would you please kindly adhere to the following conditions:
- Dogs are not allowed on any furniture – unless protective covering is placed over the sofas & chairs (our dogs are not allowed on the furniture but we know that if your pet is used to this at home it is difficult to stop them !) also dog hair is exceptionally difficult to remove from sofas – so PLEASE BRING throws/ sheets etc with you if needed (to cover the whole sofa/chairs please). Our quilts and throws are not to be used. (We provide cotton sheets for this purpose if you forget -White Cottage in drawer under TV, Flint Cottage in drawer in hall chest but cannot guarantee they will be available if previous guests have used them all as we always wash between dog visits)
- Dogs are not to be left alone in the cottage- (unless they are confined to the kitchen area AND you are sure of their good behaviour i.e. not destructive – or barking) or garden at all. Even if well behaved at home dogs can become distressed in a new environment!
- Dogs under 12 months of age are not to be left alone under any circumstances unless contained in a dog crate, and then only for brief periods i.e. upto one hour maximum to avoid annoyance to neighbours
- Dogs are not allowed upstairs – this is without exception due to the additional cleaning required AND the inevitably of dog hair settling on bed linen- again very difficult to remove entirely.
- The garden MUST BE LEFT CLEAN on your pet’s departure- this is not our gardener’s job !
- Please ensure your dog’s vaccinations and flea treatments are up to date before arrival ( minimum age accepted 12 weeks )
- We welcome Guide & Assistance dogs
- Maximum 4 dogs ( 3 in White Cottage ) we own 4 ourselves so know how difficult it is finding a cottage to take this number however for larger breeds i.e. Labrador upwards please check with us first before booking
- Excepting winter period our gardener usually attends on a changeover day but sometimes this isn’t possible so is then usually a Friday morning 10am – 12noon and will require pets to be kept inside for this period ( we will notify you in advance ) and please ensure the garden is clean before his arrival !
- Unfortunately from previous experience it is necessary to state this – DOGS ONLY please! We do not accept any other type of pet without permission and guests bringing any pet other than dogs will be asked to leave without refund.
Important – Whilst we are very happy to accept dogs we reserve the right to invoice for any damage in excess of £20 caused by a dog, including brought to the cottage by visitors , this will be the responsibility of the guest making the booking, irrespective of ownership ( please also see Booking Terms and Conditions).
For your information Dogs Trust provide insurance cover for dogs relating to holiday accommodation as part of their “Companion Club” benefits at modest cost. Usually house contents insurance will also offer pet damage cover to third parties.
We provide a fixed stair gate to make it easy to restrict your dog to the kitchen area when required, please kindly DO NOT REMOVE, an additional stair gate is also in the cottages for use at the bottom of the stairs if required. We can also provide a “ dog crate “ ( medium size ) for your pet if requested in advance.
Both Flint and White Cottages have secure fenced gardens ( Flint Cottage is more suitable for larger breeds )
We will consider individual requirements so please contact us with any query. Please note without exception NO other type of pet is allowed.
Please note that Sheringham has “Blue Flag“ beach status, and restricts dogs from certain areas of beach between 1st May- 30th September – however a large area of beach is still accessible to pets a short walk along the promenade (to the right) past the beach huts, a walk here is still accessible when the tide is in. See route to the beach in our information folder.
(Sheringham is very “dog friendly“ and various pubs will allow dogs on leads)
Your co-operation is much appreciated, we hope you and your dogs enjoy your stay !
Flint Holiday Cottages
Last updated 2024