Thank you for choosing Flint Holiday Cottages for your holiday. We don’t like writing lengthy terms and conditions but they are there to protect both you and us so please read them carefully, and if you are happy to accept them and wish to make a booking just let us know your name and address and we will provisionally reserve your chosen dates for you for seven days to allow you time to send us the deposit payment. Your payment will confirm that you have read and understood the terms of hire.
- Our standard deposit requirement is 50 % ( 30% if tariff is in excess of £1000 ) of the tariff for the period payable immediately to reserve your booking, the balance to be paid one month before your arrival. This allows us time to re-market the week/s should you have need to cancel.
- Bookings made under special offer or discounted tariff must be paid in full at time of booking, bookings made within 6 weeks of the arrival date must also be paid for in full at the time of booking.
- Changed your mind ? Things do happen so if you cancel within 14 days of the booking reservation we will refund the deposit paid provided the holiday start date is not within 6 months.
- In the event of later cancellation by you, we will refund the deposit amount paid if we successfully rebook the period, less any Early Reservation deposit paid ( see below ) and a 10 % administration charge. PLEASE NOTE refund does not apply if cancellation made within 6 weeks of arrival date, when you remain liable for the full tariff.
- We will only consider to move your booking when such request is made within 6 weeks of arrival date ( subject to availability and our agreement ) if the original tariff is paid in full when due.
- Bookings made under our “early booking” offer for the next holiday season may be reserved with a Early Reservation Deposit of £100 per week (with effect from 1st August 2022 £75 pw for previous guests who have booked direct unless Bank Holiday periods when £100 will apply) with nothing more to pay until December of the booking year, however this deposit is NON REFUNDABLE, as is any ” low deposit ” payment i.e. £100 or under if the booking is cancelled for any reason. ( See FAQs )
- we offer a “two person occupancy ” discount however due to demand this is not available in peak periods
- We will only cancel your holiday due to exceptional circumstances outside our control. If the fault is with our property eg water leak, all monies paid by you will be refunded in full. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. However if the problem is caused by another reason we reserve the right to offer you alternative dates, based on the circumstances arising.
- Payment may be made by cheque (payable to M & A Flint) or BACS to our account, (we do not currently have the facility to accept card payments).
- Late payments – we do not take payment by credit card so do not have the ability to collect late payments. Therefore we have to insist on payment by the specified due date, if payment is not received we have no obligation to continue to reserve your chosen dates and the dates will be released on our calendars and will be available to be booked by other parties.
- You are entitled to occupy the property for holiday purposes only and this agreement shall not confer on you any security of tenure within the terms of the Housing Act 1988 pursuant to which the occupation shall be deemed to be by way of an excluded tenancy.
- No more than 6 persons may occupy each cottage plus cot unless agreed otherwise.
- Occupancy is for personal use only by the hirer , family and friends, any other purpose is not allowed unless agreed in advance. If we become aware of commercial use of any type the hire agreement will be terminated immediately without refund.
- PLEASE NOTE minimum age requirement: the hirer and at least one of the party (if different) must be aged over 21 years.
- Bookings are not transferable to another party.
- The use of any equipment or facilities at the property which is not in our ownership is at the risk of the hirer – we will not accept responsibility for loss or injury to guests or third parties or to loss or damage to belongings or vehicles whilst at the property.
- Use of fireworks and disposable barbecues are strictly prohibited
- Guests are expected to take all reasonable care of the property and the contents. All equipment, utensils, etc. must be left clean as found on arrival and the property left clean and tidy on the day of departure.
- We do not, unlike many holiday companies, ask for a damage deposit to be paid pre arrival. However, we reserve the right to invoice the hirer within seven days of departure for exceptional damage and or cleaning costs.
- Dogs, ( maximum 4) as agreed at time of booking being the ONLY type of pet allowed without prior arrangement, are the responsibility of the guest and must be kept under strict control at all times so as not to cause annoyance or nuisance to neighbours. Dogs are not allowed upstairs. Any damage caused by pets must be reported to us immediately and the guest is responsible for any cost incurred thereof in excess of £20. Please also see our “Dog Policy“ terms as a condition of booking with your pet/s.
- Smoking in the properties is not permitted under any circumstances. Guests are welcome to smoke in the gardens, however please dispose of butts safely.
- All bed linen, bath and hand towels and tea towels are provided within the tariff quoted (with the exception of cot bed linen) unless agreed otherwise.
- Tariff is inclusive of heating & electricity costs.
- WI FI (provider BT) is provided free of charge for personal use only, however broadband connection cannot be guaranteed.
- Under no circumstances are fireworks of any sort to be let off at the properties.
- Right of Entry – guests are required to allow access to enter the property at all reasonable times for the purpose of necessary repairs or in a case of emergency, notice will be given where practicable.
- Whilst we take every care to ensure your stay is an enjoyable one, occasional mistakes or oversights do occur so any dissatisfaction with your accommodation must be communicated to us during your stay so that we have opportunity to put matters right.
- The property is normally available from 3 pm on the day of arrival, and must be vacated no later than 10.00 am on the day of departure (unless times advised otherwise at time of booking ) to allow adequate time for cleaning. Sunday departures may usually be allowed at a later time.
We strongly recommend that guests have their own travel insurance to cover cancellation /loss of deposit and personal effects.
When a booking is offered we draw your attention to these terms and conditions and once the booking confirmation form is sent and the required payment is received we deem that these terms and conditions are accepted by the hirer.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Max & Anne Flint, Owners, Flint Holiday Cottages. Updated 2022